Friday, August 2, 2013

Cambria the Trooper-Shopper

As we have been home from Utah, I have realized how nice it is for both Cambria and I to have a schedule. I have discovered that she needs three naps and usually only stays happily awake for 1.5-2 hours max before she needs another nap.

That being said, any errand that I need to run, needs to be perfectly planned. On Wednesday I made it a point to be ready for the day, and be out the door as soon as Cambria woke up from her first nap. ... I was out the door a half hour after she woke up. I needed to check on some sales and feed her.

I needed to get some stuff for the activity on Thursday (did I mention that I'm the new RS activities chair?) so I headed to Joann's, and then I needed some matching frames for our pictures that we ordered (our home decorating is coming, slowly but surely!). So I ran down to Hobby lobby as well, and there happens to be a TJ Maxx and a Dollar tree in the same strip mall. TJ Maxx was my first stop (at that strip mall), I found some awesome frames, but they didn't match, so I ran down to the dollar tree and found matching frames that looked super cheap (imagine that) and then went to Hobby Lobby and found awesome, matching frames, that didn't look cheap! AND they were 50% off (that's not saying much since all frames are 50% off every day... but it kind of made me feel like I was getting a bargain, seeing that the tag said each frame was 15.99, and I knew I was getting them for only 8 bucks each... if I didn't think about it).

Needless to say, it was a long shopping trip, probably three hours or so, and Cambria just sat in her carseat looking at all the different things to see. I was so impressed and proud of her!

Oh! And then she fell asleep in the car, so I decided to go grocery shopping too!

I felt accomplished, and she was happy. It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment