Monday, August 26, 2013

Blessings

Priesthood blessings are so wonderful! As I was unpacking a few weeks ago I came across an old journal. I opened it up and a paper fell out of it. It was notes from a blessing that I received back in 2008. I remember the situation, I was debating whether or not to pursue a boy that was Catholic, and I was struggling really hard to know what to do. So I got a blessing. Among other things, the blessing said something about Heavenly Father preparing my future husband for me. Now, looking back, it was so tender to read that. I know exactly what my husband was doing at the time. He was in Brasil serving the Lord, working hard, and becoming a better person because of it.

I'm so grateful for a Heavenly Father that has a perfect plan for me, and that I don't have to try to figure out this life all by myself. It's a lot better to let Him lead me.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool experience; I loved it! Thank you for sharing something so personal.

    ReplyDelete