Friday, April 26, 2013

Mommy Helps

Sometimes I find that doing the same thing day in and day out is hard for me. I sometimes have bad/down days. I know, I know, some of you may be saying/thinking "get over it... it's just begun" and I know it has.

Something that I have found to really help me is the Mormon Channel. Especially the program "Conversations" it's an informal interview with people who have "a unique perspective or interesting story". Often they will interview members of the 70, or Quorum of the 12 and their wives. They talk about the years of raising a family and I am reminded that I can do this. It gets better, and it doesn't last forever (which also reminds me to cherish this time I have).

Another thing that I have found to help me is an AMAZING talk by Jeffrey R. Holland titled "Because She is a Mother" from the April 1997 General Conference. It's amazing!

I just had to share. If any of you moms out there are struggling or having a bad day. Listen to that talk. It's amazing!

4 comments:

  1. If this were a Facebook status, I would "like" it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too went through a "Conversations" channel period. Not sure what happened where I don't listen to it much anymore. Actually I don't listen to much of anything anymore. I have enough verbal traffic all day long that I just enjoy silence. That's probably what happened... Anyway, I really enjoy(ed) them too. I think one of my favorites was an interview with Elder Cook and his wife. They just sounded like such a sweet, fun, loving couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I was having the same thought about same old, same old. This morning I realized, especially at my age, it's going to be that, so I need to try to make it a little different every day. I thought, "What can I do today, that will add something to my life to make it different," or "what have I already done that feels different today?" If I look at my day and try to see the different things I've done, I might realize my blessings. For instance, today we had a faculty luncheon. That made something a little different that day. If nothing happened, I have to add something, like take a walk, go to the park, try a new store (even if I don't buy anything), go visit someone, call someone I don't normally talk to; those kinds of things. They don't have to cost a lot of money or take a lot of time, but just give some variety. I don't want to fall into the thought process that life is always going to be this way, so add some variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very wise. Thanks Aunt Lori!

    ReplyDelete