Friday, April 5, 2013

25

So, in a little more than two weeks I will be 25 years old. I remember when my older siblings turned 25... especially Amy, I don't know why, but I remember that birthday, and thinking it was pretty monumental. Actually, her age kind of stopped at 25, it just hit me a couple weeks ago that she'll be 30 this year... because I'll be 25 this year.

I'm not sure how I feel about it actually. Maybe because the last major (or of great numerical importance) birthday I had was 9 years ago... or maybe 4 years ago... either way it's been a while. As I have been thinking about it, I think the reason why this birthday is hitting me so hard is because 25 isn't young. Don't get me wrong, it's not old either, but I can't say I'm in my early 20's anymore... I'm officially heading into my mid 20's. And that's almost 30 ;)

I don't mind getting older, I have a lot to say for my almost 25 years of life. I'm actually exactly where I wanted to be by the time I was 25... married to a wonderful man with children. I have a college degree, and have worked for a while (something that wasn't on my list of dreams, but it really helped me develop my talents and I made some amazing friends). All I have ever wanted to be was a mom, and I'm finally there! I'm living my dream! Even though I am, it's just hitting me that I am getting older. Which is a weird feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Phew! Sounds like quite a milestone for you. I'd have to say the aging thing gets even weirder as you go along. Definitely weirder. But enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete