Saturday, April 6, 2013

General Authorities

Ok, I just have to share! I don't know if anyone else caught this small moment at the end of conference, but it was so beautiful! As President Monson was leaving the conference, Elder Perry, and Elder Nelson went on both sides of President Packer and helped him stand as President Monson passed. I don't know why that hit me so strongly, but it really did!

That is such a testimony to me of the love and respect that they have for each other, and also the love and respect they have for the Prophet of the Church. Even though they interact on a daily basis, they still know that President Monson is the Lord's called servant on the earth today.

I could go on all day about this. I really feel like those little moments of watching the General Authorities gives me a window into how the Savior would love, and treat each other. I remember when I went to conference last April, I could literally feel the love they emanated, I wasn't sitting particularly close, but I could see it, and I could feel it. We are so blessed to have such wonderful examples to follow!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that! We were streaming conference with the upstairs neighbors and it was smooth sailing until the closing prayer, then everything was spotty and we couldn't watch much. Needless to say, we missed that splendid moment. I so admire the General Authorities!

    ReplyDelete