Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Life update

We had our doughnut night and it went about as expected. We had three people show up. It was nice though, because we now know three other people that live in this complex! I ended up only making about 40 doughnuts (the goal was 50, but the oil was a bit hot on the first batch of frying... and Jonathan and I had to test a few doughnuts, just to make sure they were safe ;) )
I was glad that people showed up! I would have been disappointed  but not surprised if nobody showed up.  Here are the few pictures Jonathan got while I was finishing up the doughnuts.

[caption id="attachment_304" align="aligncenter" width="300"] this is my "can you wait till I finish putting away the Vanilla?" face
My abdomen looks quite large in this picture if I do say so myself...[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_305" align="aligncenter" width="300"] mid action shot![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_306" align="aligncenter" width="300"] mmmm (these aren't all of them, they were just drying so we could stack them)[/caption]



We had a good time! That was on Thursday, and then on Saturday, it was a beautiful night, so we decided to walk around Purdue. I had never seen anything besides Jonathan's building. We had fun doing that too!

Then we watched 17 Miracles... Holy cow! That's a good show! It's very moving. It made me so grateful for the faith and the strength that the pioneers had.

On Sunday I made Skor cake for a dinner party we went to, and we have leftovers :) I really love Skor cake! In my mind, a dessert can't get better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment