Sunday, November 4, 2012

Creating a Spirit of Thanksgiving

Some people have started a "day of gratitude" for every day of the month of November, to get themselves in the mood of Thanksgiving. I think this is an awesome idea! I am starting a bit late, so I'm going to do some catch up...

Day 1: I'm grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful that I was born into the gospel, and that I have the opportunity to receive all the blessings that it can bring into a persons life.

Day 2: I'm grateful for the family I was born into. I'm grateful that I have a good relationship with all of my siblings, and parents. I'm grateful for the good times we have, and I'm grateful for the things we have gone through, because they have made us who we are today. I'm also grateful for my extended family and the examples and friends they are to me.

Day 3: I'm grateful for the family that I married into. I'm SO grateful that I have a good relationship with all of my in-laws. I know how much of a difference it can make when you don't have a good relationship, and I'm grateful that I do. We always have a good time together, and I feel like I am part of their family, not just married to a member of their family. I feel their support for me and I'm grateful for that.

Day 4: I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father. I'm grateful that I can pray to a being that knows me, and cares about the little things as well as the big things in my life. I'm grateful that He has a plan for me. I'm grateful that he mourns when I mourn, and is happy when I'm happy.

Day 5: I'm grateful for Jonathan. He is such an amazing person in so many ways. I'm grateful for his example to me, and his patience with me. I'm grateful that he can deal with my drama, and that he makes me laugh. I'm grateful for the way that he completes me and makes me a better person.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic idea, Melissa!! We all need this!!! Thank You!!!!!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete