Monday, November 19, 2012

Gratitude Day 17-19

Day 17: I'm grateful for good music. We went to a symphony on Saturday night and I really enjoyed listening to the music. I had a lot of time to think, and ponder about life. I'm grateful for talented people! Both composers and people who share their musical talents. Every time I go to the symphony I have a desire to start practicing violin again. I had that same thought this time too, then it changed to learning the cello, since we already have one, and I have a teacher that would teach me for free... then it changed to piano. I have a piano and I would get more use from knowing how to play that then any other instrument.

Day 18: I'm grateful for cooking, and family. Sunday we had some of Jonathan's distant relatives over (one of his mom's cousins, and some of his second cousins) and even though that was the first time we had ever met them, it felt good to know that we have family close (our second cousins, Kari and Kenneth, are going to Purdue as well). I decided to try a new recipe, and I must say, I'm so grateful for the internet. I can read enough reviews on the recipe I want to try, that I can be confident enough to make it for the first time when company comes over.
I had a really good time cooking with Jonathan, we made Panda express! We had chow mien, and mandarin chicken with rice and steamed broccoli. MMM it was so good! The new recipe I tried was the chow mien. It was a success.
I realized last night that I love hosting dinner parties. I love making fancy meals, and having people over. I'm grateful that we are in a position to be able to do that.

Day 19: Today I'm grateful for advice! I put up on facebook asking people to let me know all the best products out there for babies. Within 12 hours I had over 20 people respond with advice. Today my goal is to do my research for all the baby supplies I should register for, and because so many people were willing to put their two cents in, I have such a better place to jump start from. (feel free to also put in your two cents in about the best baby products out there)

1 comment:

  1. Good to read your posts.... when you miss a couple of days of your gratitude list, I wonder if you are feeling okay, or just busy. You write such great stuff!

    ReplyDelete