Monday, January 18, 2016

365 Gratitude day 23

First of all, can you believe it's been 23 days since Christmas?

... anyway...

Today I'm grateful for fun days! The Indianapolis Zoo offers free admission on Martin Luther King day. All we had to do was donate to their food drive! Bam! Free admission? Yes please!! Oh, it's 10 degrees outside? No biggie...

I read an article at the beginning of winter that said among other things that Norwegians believe there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. If they can handle their weather and still go outside, so can we. So we bundled up and made the treck! It paid off! We got to see a dolphin show (my first, I have never been to one, I was just as giddy as my kids!) and both kids LOVED it! Cambria wanted to go down close before it started, so we spent about 5 minutes with our faces pressed to the glass just watching the dolphins swim! I felt some of my childhood giddiness come back! I love dolphins, but I've never been that close to one. It was amazing! I think this picture captures Cambria's joy!

 

When I got her to go back up with daddy. Jonathan mentioned that Corbin has been pointing, and saying please. So I took him down and he was captivated! He really didn't want to go back up to sit on the risers when the show was about to start! When it started we were all mesmerized! I've never seen Corbin so captivated. He kept asking for more please (signed) when it was over.

When we left it had warmed up to bearable (before, I really felt like my face was going to freeze off) and we saw some orangutans and learned that momma orangutans only have babies once every six to nine years! We saw a tiger (who came right up to the glass. I was shocked with how big he was!) a polar bear, lemar, red panda, brown bear, seals, walrus' and sea animals. Cambria saw a playground and was convinced the tiger (or anything else for that matter) was as cool as the playground. Jonathan was a good sport and played with her on the playground while Corbin and I watched longingly from inside a nearby restaurant (well, one of us watched longingly... I'll let you guess who that was) The penguins were a hit! Both the kids loved watching them swim and jump from the water onto the land and then waddle around! I think Corbin likes water animals best.

After the dolphin show.

This is how we kept Corbin warm. He was in two layers of
clothing, and a big coat and gloves, but we thought this
 might take the wind off his face a little.

Today was just a good, fun day. We are reminded every time we have a day like this, that we should have more days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment