Monday, January 11, 2016

365 Grateful day 16

Today was a middle of the road day. Not too many crazy "ups" or "downs". I'm super grateful for the not too many downs. :)

I still felt the lingering sadness (or the weight on my chest)... still trying to decide if I have depression or not, but I just stated and restated my new mantra: no big deal. ...It helps!

For example: I walk in the kitchen, from struggling with Cambria in a different room, to find Corbin sitting in a puddle of spilled milk from the cereal bowl. It's all over the table, the chair and my freshly mopped floor. I usually would roll my eyes and say "are you kidding me!?" And then blow everything out if the water... but if I repeat my mantra instead, I say "no big deal" and take the literally 30 seconds it takes to wipe it up and say "there. All better" and I'm not overly emotional... which is better for all who are in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment