Wednesday, January 6, 2016

365 Grateful day 11

We have started potty training Cambria, and it has been HARD (just like everyone said)! That was the main reason why I was so done with the day yesterday.

Well, today was better. I'm grateful for that! I'm grateful that we only had two major accidents.

I had one big long event that leads me to my gratitude today. After lunch, Cambria said that she needed to go potty. So I dropped everything and we ran to the potty, leaving Corbin to fend for himself. Poor kid. When Cambria had gone potty, she refused to wash her hands. I decided that I didn't want to be ignored, so I told her to come out when she washed her hands, and left. I walked into the kitchen and saw my phone in a nice puddle of ramen broth (don't judge, yes that's what we had for lunch). Corbin had climbed on the chair and dumped my bowl over. Thankfully my phone wasn't wet, because the case protected it (that's the first gratitude). After taking care of my phone, Cambria came out, so I asked her if she washed her hands. She hadn't, so I picked her up, and gave her some hand sanitizer. She didn't like that very much, and decided that screaming at the top of her lungs was the way to solve it (not crying, just screaming). I didn't want to hear it, so I left her to go clean up the ramen mess... As I got started with that, Corbin had found one of my favorite pairs of heels and was pulling out the sole. So I promptly took those away, all the while Cambria was still screaming. So I put her in her room and told her that when she calmed down she could come out (I'm not the biggest fans of "time out" but sometimes I can't think of another option that I'm willing to do in the heat of the moment). As I finished cleaning the kitchen, Cambria calmed down and I noticed that Corbin was soaked in broth, I took him to the bedroom to get new clothes, opened the door and got a nice wiff of essence of poop. That was it. I couldn't do it.

... or so I thought. I walked away and still felt very calm. I didn't want to deal with cleaning up her poop, I wasn't ready to tackle that mess yet. But I was so grateful that I wasn't overly stressed, or too mad to think straight. I quickly said a prayer, thanking Heavenly Father that I was able to handle the situation better than similar situations in times past.

No comments:

Post a Comment