Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankful days again! (Day 1,2, and 3)

It's that time of year again, the time I try to gear up for Thanksgiving day by being thankful daily for something different... here goes.
Day 1: I want to stretch myself, so today (day 1) I'm going to list all of the "obvious" things I'm thankful for, so that I can be more thoughtful and dig a little deeper.
- I'm thankful first and foremost for my Heavenly Father, I'm thankful for His plan for me, and that I have a knowledge that He is aware of me and loves me more than I know. I know that He can make me way more than I can make myself, if I give up my will and let Him mold me, and I'm so grateful for that.
- I'm so grateful for the Savior Jesus Christ. I'm so so so grateful for His atoning sacrifice that makes it possible for me to repent of my dumb stuff. I'm also so grateful that I have a knowledge that He suffered for my pains, and my frustrations too. He truly knows what I go through every day of my life, and because of that He can comfort me in ways that nobody else can.
- I am so grateful for my wonderful husband. Jonathan is by far one of the best men I know. I know he reads this so I don't want to embarrass him. I'm also grateful for the knowledge that I have that I can be with him forever. If we both live like we should, we can be with each other eternally.
-I'm so grateful for temples. I'm so grateful for the covenants I can make there that will help me get back to my Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for the eternal perspective the temple gives me.
- I'm so grateful for my family, both the family I was born into, and the family that I married into. I'm a pretty lucky girl to have awesome in-laws... not everyone does and I realize that this is a blessing. I also have an incredibly close family of origin (to use a social science term). I'm so grateful for the love that we share, and especially for my mom, who was the glue that kept us together and close for so many years.
-I'm so grateful for Cambria. What a blessing and miracle she is. I know I say that a lot, but seriously, let's not forget ... I'm not going to open that can of worms, so I'm just going to say that I'm grateful for her. She is such a joy and a blessing in my life. I can't imagine life without her now, and I am grateful for that. I'm so grateful for our relationship.
-I'm grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It gives me so much purpose and direction in my life. It gives me something to live for, and something to work towards.

Day 2
- Today I'm grateful for the ease of communication. While I was in Utah, I was able to communicate with Jonathan several times a day who was on the other side of the country at no cost to me. I was even able see him a few times.

Day 3
- Today I'm grateful for Church leaders. I watched the CES devotional and I learned a lot. I'm grateful for the Holy Ghost (or the Holy Spirit) that testifies of truth. I also went to church today and felt the Spirit strongly.

No comments:

Post a Comment