Saturday, June 15, 2013

Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Last night we went and saw the Mo-Tab down in Indy (Indianapolis). I love them! They were on tour with roughly 500 people (members of the choir, orchestra and tech crew)! Woah! I'm so grateful that we were able to go, I'm grateful for the wonderful lady that watched Cambria for us so we could go. I'm grateful that we were able to have Jonathan's friends (from school) and his adviser come too. I'm grateful they enjoyed it. Living in Utah, that was one thing I really took for granted. The last time the choir had come out to Indy was in 1911 I think. It had been over 100 years since they had been back. I'm so glad we were able to go! Here's the picture proof that we were there :)

IMG_4351 IMG_4352

 

I think one of my favorite parts was the organ solo by Richard Elliott. He did an arrangement of "I've got rhythm" on the Organ, and it was UN.REAL! He's pretty amazing!

They also have a tradition at the end where they have a prominent figure from the community direct one of the last songs. They had the Governor of Indiana come! He did pretty good too. I was impressed :)

All in all. We had a good time :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you guys were able to go! How awesome!!

    ReplyDelete