Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's day

We had a good day yesterday! We didn't do too many things out of the ordinary till after church. First of all, the last two hours of church was canceled because the gym floor was resurfaced and the fumes were still pretty bad. So we had a couple extra hours in our day. I made Jonathan his classic Sunday dinner, the only thing I missed was the homemade bread. Sorry... that's not going to happen for a while. I tried making bread, it's an art form that I haven't mastered, and don't have a desire to for a while. While I was making dinner Jonathan took a nap. It's not often that he takes naps, so it was definitely different.

Then I gave him his gift, a frame to put on his desk that has a picture of me and a picture of Cambria, some butter flavoring to put on our popcorn, and a couple pairs of shorts. And the best part is, I only spent like 10-11 bucks! Go me!

Jonathan had some home teaching appointments that he had to go to, so I relaxed while he went there, and then we had my classic Sunday meal! Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup! MMM! It felt like Sunday for both of us! We have decided that once we aren't in grad school, and we can afford a roast every Sunday, we'll have my classic meal and his classic meal! I'm so excited!

We also decided that starting next year, we are going to do something small for our kids on Mothers Day/Father's day. After all, they are the reason we have something to celebrate on these two holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say, I love that you get into your wedding dress every anniversary. How awesome!!

    ReplyDelete