Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Mop

I have never spent more than 5 bucks on a mop. The one we had didn't do much more than get the floor wet and move the dirt around. I didn't like this, especially since the dirt is so visible on our floors. I saw on Pinterest that you can buy a swiffer and make washable pads, and use a special trick to fill up the "unfillable" water-spitter that goes on it. I decided that was what I was going to do. No more cheap mop for me!
When I was at the store I found a mop that had everything I wanted, washable pad, and refillable water-spitter! (and the swiffer wouldn't' have worked with the way that I saw on Pinterest to make the pad). So I bought it, Jonathan didn't say anything when I told him it was $25 but I could tell he was a bit apprehensive that it was all it was cracked up to be.
All it took was him watching me mop once! Then he couldn't stop talking about how awesome this mop was! I thought it was going to take at least him giving it a shot... nope! He just needed to witness the awesomeness of the mop.
I'm not going to lie... I had this commercial running through my head the entire time I was mopping.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of mop did you get?

    I currently just tuck damp rags into the swiffer that the previous resident left behind, but I think I could go for a *wonderful* reusable mop (rather than a so-so mop).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. That commercial way funny. :)

    ReplyDelete