Tuesday, August 28, 2012

sitting...

Last Friday when I called the Dr. He told me a few things to do. He said I had to be on pelvic rest till I have a full 24 hours bleeding-less, and to avoid heavy lifting. I never know what that means because when my sister in law (Ashley) was pregnant with Zoey, she wasn't aloud to lift anything heaver than a milk jug. That's not very heavy.

When I was talking to mom Kershaw, I told her that I was probably going to take that a step further and just take it easy till I stopped bleeding. She said that was a good idea. So for 4 days going on 5, I have been mostly sitting, or laying down. Yesterday though, a new development happened. Along with cramping, and not feeling very good, it was rather uncomfortable to sit. So the only comfortable position I had was to lay down, flat, on my left side.

There aren't very many things you can do while laying flat... reading is uncomfortable, crocheting is out of the question (I figured I'd make a blanket for baby, since I had to be taking it easy)... so I have resorted to resting (which you can only do so much of) and watching movies, and getting very very bored on facebook. If anyone has suggestions of things I could do while laying flat on my side... please let me know :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's pretty restricting. You could listen to audio books if holding a book is too awkward or uncomfortable. If you can manage to type on the laptop, you could always write stories or thoughts. Reading Google News can usually keep me occupied for a good while. :) I hope you and baby will be okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Download audiobooks or send Jonathan to the library to check some out. We're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you can make lots and lots of phone calls! You can call me! :)

    ReplyDelete