Thursday, August 30, 2012

Doctor's appointment today, and life outside of baby

We went to the doctor today and he said everything looks good. I still am bleeding, but he said that there aren't any major concerns (or any besides the blood). I'm really not bleeding that much, so I think we'll pull through!

We heard the heartbeat today! That eased my mind a lot!

I also have been feeling the baby move already! The first time I felt it move was last Thursday. It's kind of funny because I don't notice that it's the baby till a good 10-15 seconds later, by then it's too late to really get excited about it. I also can feel my uterus (is that weird that I get excited about that?) it's on my right side, so when I lay flat on my back my abdomen is lopsided. I had Jonathan feel it this morning, I don't think he really wanted to, but I had him feel it anyway! I am super excited that it's big enough to identify :)

We get to find out the gender in 4 weeks (September 28)! We're going to wait till then to post anything on facebook ... fyi...

Life outside of baby is good too! I forgot to mention that Mr. Penguin (the other bridal store, the one that offered me a position) called on the 21 or so and said that his part timers wanted more hours, and he couldn't give me the hours I needed. So he retracted his offer. Honestly I wasn't too disappointed because I wasn't too excited about the job in the first place. I also was right in the middle of moving my stuff, and I have had a lot of other things on my mind since then. Chiffon is supposed to get back to me soon, she said that she wouldn't even know if she had a position available till the end of the month, so I won't start being concerned till about Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Jonathan is still liking grad school. He isn't very busy this semester which I really appreciate. He has been amazing during this last week. He has made all the meals, and done all the dishes and laundry. He's awesome, and I'm super grateful for him.

I think I might start actively applying for different jobs next week. If I can get up and out by then... If I have stopped bleeding. I'm thinking since I only have a few months to work, that I'll just apply for places that are used to a lot of turn over. Maybe Joann's, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or we passed Pier 1 Imports today (That would be an AMAZING place to work), so hopefully someone is hiring. The holiday season is coming up, so if nothing else, I can work during the busy season as a temporary employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment