Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Home again, home again, jiggitty jig.

We're here! It's now been three full days and so far so good. We like the ward we're in, it feels like a real family ward as apposed to a family ward where everyone is a college student. There is a good mix of ages and stages in life. It's kind of interesting because the building itself is extremely similar to my stake center growing up (Adam and Janelle's ward building) and Jonathan's home stake center too... So that's fun.

As for our apartment, we really like it! We have brand new carpets and brand new paint. It still smells a bit (from the new paint), but what can ya do? We keep the windows open as much as possible, and try to air it out as much as we can. We have a really big living room, and the biggest bedroom we've ever had! The down side is we have a "closet kitchen" as my sister Amy calls it (we skyped her and I showed her). It's pretty small, it's probably the smallest kitchen I have ever lived with. It's actually kind of funny because all of the cupboards are pretty high, and they aren't very Melissa-friendly. We are going to have to get a stool so that I can reach all of the things I need to get to.

All of our furniture and belongings are now on a moving truck and we should be getting them on Tuesday!!!! Thanks to some awesome men in our life, the trailer is packed. And we only used half the space we thought we'd need, so that saved us a bunch of money! Always a bonus!

Well, that's the update. Hopefully the next blog post will be pictures of our apartment all furnished and everything! And hopefully I'll have news about my new job! (I'm waiting on the managers of two bridal shops to call me). We're still very excited to be here, and we're excited to start this new adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- I can relate to having a kitchen that most everything is out of reach! A little step up is just a part of life as I know it! It's all good!

    ReplyDelete