Friday, June 15, 2012

Partying Partying YEAH!

This week has been super fun, we started out the week thinking we had four different dinner parties to go to. Turns out we are going to be going to five! YAY DINNER! This week, I have either made a huge meal, or have not had to prepare anything and still eaten an awesome meal! Can this happen more often?

On Monday, I made a meal that I had never made for Jonathan (but made in my foods class), it's cheese manicotti. It was so good!!! We were going to have one of Jonathan's coworkers and his fiance come over. But it turned out (after I had put a good deal of time into making the dish) that his coworker had a family emergency and couldn't make it. Since dinner was halfway done (and we had all the ingredients that wouldn't last too long) I told Jonathan to see if he could round up other people to eat with us. One of the other interns lives in our building, so he stopped over. His name is Jean Paul and he's from Hati. We had him over a week ago and fed him then too. We played Rumikub both last week and again on Monday. He won one of the games and was so excited!

On Tuesday we had plans to go home teaching (Jonathan's companion moved out, so I was his companion) and the family invited us to eat dinner with them too! I made a dessert, and it turned out super yummy! After dinner, we shared a message (Jonathan felt like he was a missionary again) and then asked if there was anything we could do for them, they are moving and heard that I sew. The wife asked if I wanted some fabric, I said I would love it and she brought out two huge garbage bags full! Woah! I wasn't expecting THAT much fabric! I was so excited, but I saw how un-exited Jonathan was. That's two more bags that we have to try to squeeze into our car when we move. I'm going to try to go through it and see how much I'll actually use. Either way, it was awesome, plus I hate buying fabric, so this works out really well for me :).

Wednesday... I honestly can't remember what we did for dinner on Wednesday, I really don't think we ate here...

Then yesterday, I made a cake... all day. I really like working with fondant, but it takes SO LONG! And the last thing I wanted to do when Jonathan got home was stop working on my cake to make dinner. Good thing I didn't, because he came home and asked if I wanted to meet some of the people he works with, over dinner. His boss asked if Jonathan and I wanted to go out to dinner with some of his co workers. We talked it over and I was all for it! That means I didn't have to cook, and I got to talk to people! Plus Jonathan pointed out that these are the people he really should be trying to get to know, since they are the ones that report back to corporate about what they think of Jonathan. ... so... We went, and had a really good time! The food was super yummy, and the best part about it is Jonathan's boss paid for it! It was pretty interesting though, because everyone there had children our age. So, we felt pretty young, but that's ok. I think we held our own in the conversation.
*Side note* I think I need to get used to Jonathan and I being the only ones who don't drink. This is a different experience for me, I'm not used to being the minority. In Missouri, we at least had Jordan and Emily, along with Jonathan's boss who was LDS, so we weren't the only ones who didn't do certain things. It was fun none the less.

Now today... :) We are having the missionaries over, and I'm making Cafe Rio!!! I couldn't be more excited! Even though it's only been two months since I have had Cafe Rio, it seems like it's been too long. Then later tonight, the "young group" of Jonathan's coworkers are having a dinner party. So we get two dinners in one night!!! (That's what I made the cake for, it's super cute, it's a watermelon!) I'm really excited! I don't usually get this much social interaction. It's been so good for me, though, because I was starting to get frustrated with the little amount I got out.

This has been a really good week!

2 comments: