Thursday, June 28, 2012

"I like to hike"... right?

Before I got married, I thought I liked to hike. After I got married I realized I like to take scenic walks. Apparently I'm not hard core enough to like hiking (or so Jonathan says, and I'm starting to believe). I realized that part of the reason why I don't like hiking a ton is because I'm so worried that I'm going to trip or something that the only thing I focus on is the dirt and rocks under my feet. (It also doesn't help that I get overheated easily too).

On Saturday, we went up to Hocking Hills Park, with one of his coworkers (Janelle), and we had a lot of fun! The first place we hiked to was "Old Man's Cave". It's a place where a man lived in the late 1800's or something, he made this cave his home. It was really cool! If Ty liked nature more, I could see him living in a place like that. Then we walked to where a waterfall was supposed to be (we are in a drought, and I didn't believe anyone till we went on this hike(it's SO green here)). The rivers were almost non existent, and the waterfalls were small trickles falling from rocks. Regardless of the lack of water it was gorgeous! I had a really good time! The other hike we went on was "Rock House" this was really cool! We hiked around by these huge rock formations, and all of the sudden we hear voices coming out of an opening in the rock. As we peered in, there were people walking around inside! We climbed in, and it was SO COOL! I really enjoyed walking through this rock tunnel. Very cool! We went on a few other scenic walks, and we all had a good time. I'm glad that Jonathan can put up with my non hard-core-ness and find easy walks to take me on.

2 comments:

  1. "Hocking Hills Park." Last I checked, "to hock" meant to spit a loogie. Must be quite the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really fun. Last I checked I like to hike, but the hard part is getting my kids to like it too. Heat and ticks are a big deterrent though.

    If you ever get into gardening, there's a really cool gardening documentary that kind of ties in your observations of how things are so green despite the drought. It's very cool.

    ReplyDelete