Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Is it August yet?

Ever since we moved out here we have been planning and preparing things for our move out to Indiana. Both Jonathan and I felt like it should be August already but it's only June. I have slowly been feeling more and more ready for August to come (partially because we get to see the majority of our families) along with get on to our more permanent location, where we can really settle down.

This morning I got an email from a friend who invited me to read her blog (after I invited her to read mine). As I read it, she wrote about a topic I really needed to hear. She talked about how it's so easy at this stage of life to say "I'll be happy when..." or "I can't wait for..." then she talked about how important it is to enjoy the "now" and not to wait, or be so excited for the future that you miss what's happening now. I realized that I really fall into that trap. The entire last month of working at the Bridal Center, all I could think about was how excited I was to be moving on, and to have a break. Now, as I sit here in my jammies at 10:00 am, still not ready for the day (and having that not matter one bit) all I can focus on is how excited I am for August to roll around, and for me to be able to work again, and have social interaction.

This is such an opportune time that I feel like the majority of people I know don't get to experience. I am home all day, and I get to focus on becoming a really good wife, prepare to be a good mother, and good home maker. I don't have any distractions besides ones that I give myself, and if I feel like I need to pamper myself for a day then I can! There's nothing that's stopping me. Who has this kind of relaxation and freedom? So my goal for this week, along with not watching too much TV, is to enjoy this time I have to focus on serving Jonathan, and working on things I need to work on.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Melissa! I told you this time will pass quickly, and then you'll think "What did I do with myself." Set goals! So you'll know what you'll want to say to yourself when you ask "What did I do with all that time?" (Advice, it's a sister's prerogative.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle hit the nail on the head. I look back on the time of my life that was similar to where you are now and kick myself for not having been more proactive in my personal development. Because now I feel so behind from where I wish I were.

    Thanks also for sharing the thought of happiness...whens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! I'm not too goal oriented... but I do make to-do lists every day, and I feel like I get productive things done daily! I should make weekly goals, and monthly goals... I really should. Thanks for the advice, both of you :)

    ReplyDelete