Monday, September 16, 2013

Extremes on the Spectrum Today

Today, before I put Cambria down for her first nap, she fell asleep while nursing. She never does this anymore. She even stayed asleep while I tried to burp her. There's nothing as sweet as a sleeping cuddly baby.

Then she woke up. And screamed. Not just cried, but literally screamed, loud and shrill enough to make one's blood boil. No joke. Not only did she do that, but she did it for twenty minutes straight, right after she had a blow out, so I had to change her bum. All the while she was sticking her hand in her dirty diaper.

She may have been left on the floor, in only a diaper while I did all I could to keep from crying, pulling my hair out, and maybe even having a screaming session myself.

Needless to say, I have felt both extremes on the mommy spectrum today.

** why do I put this in my blog you ask? Because I want to document real life... not just the joy filled moments. Maybe I'm not the only one who has gotten to that horrible breaking point. And I think there's something to be said about admitting that I have hard moments. **

2 comments:

  1. I'm feeling it too, sister! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes incredible strength to muscle through some of 'those' moments. It is amazing that we can have such highs and lows in a matter of minutes. Cambee is so lucky to have you for her mama!

    ReplyDelete