Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Amazing First Date

I have a friend in Utah that I used to visit teach that would tell me about her dating adventures with her husband. One of them was to go on a first date with your husband. She would often tell me how difficult it was to not grab her husband's hand, or talk about the frustrations of work/school etc. She would go as far as having her husband drive around the block just so he could pick her up at the door. We couldn't do that because we thought the baby sitter might think that a little weird. We did, however, go on a first date. It was a lot of fun, it was really hard and very weird to not hold hands on our way to the restaurant. It was kind of fun to hear the answers from Jonathan to questions I already knew the answers to. It's just a reminder that I don't know everything about him.

We had such a good time, and it was a lot of fun! I highly recommend it. It's also quite refreshing to have a rule that you can't talk about babies, house stresses etc. on your date. At first it was hard to find things to talk about, but I'm sure with more practice, I'll be able to ask more thought provoking questions.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds fun. We will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete