Thursday, July 25, 2013

Women are Funny

Yesterday as a few women and I were walking out of aerobics, a conversation started that I hate being a part of. They started talking about how they need to loose weight. One lady had a baby 6 WEEKS AGO! Um... You have an excuse, and you need to be patient, don't do too much too quickly. The other lady (who just finished teaching the aerobics class) has had 5 kids and is maybe a size 6 in clothes and is very well proportioned. I have never looked at either of them and thought they looked overweight or out of shape.
Then they looked at me and said something like they don't know why I come, it's not like I need it. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT TO ME! What do I say... "ya... I'm skinny, everyone should envy me" No, actually I'm underweight and I have my own struggles of trying to gain weight. And just because I'm skinny doesn't mean I'm fit.
That's all... Women are funny, and even if we look great, we still feel like we need to change something...

1 comment:

  1. I actually can totally relate to this ... back in my previous life (when I was your age) I was too thin, and would get comments like that... and when I was depressed, I even was thinner than before.... so people would tell me I looked "bad" or "awful". Not useful comments - and not fun to hear. I guess people just sometimes say things without thinking of the way it sounds.

    ReplyDelete