Monday, July 15, 2013

Honey, I'm Home!!

Well. We are home from ... home. Let me explain. We are home (in Indiana) from our trip to Utah/Idaho. What a wonderful trip it was! That was the longest vacation I have ever taken (3 weeks), and it was also the longest time I had been away from Jonathan (1.5 weeks). It was so wonderful, and it was easy to forget my previous life (here in Indiana). I must say, I totally got spoiled, and so did Cambria.
I got spoiled because I had someone who wanted to hold her every second of every day just about, and she was spoiled because she was held every waking moment, and sometimes during her naps too.
We'll see how the adjustment will be to being back here without family close by. As we were driving back, the closer we got to being home the bigger lump in my stomach got. I'll be honest, I didn't want to come back, I didn't want to think about the length of time it would be till I saw my family again (yes, I still am a drama queen at heart :) ). But, in the few hours that I have been home, the lump has shrunk. I do love being here, and I love my friends that I have made!
We are moving to our house this week (hopefully, we sign on the dotted line on Wednesday) and I think this plan was a great one! This will give me lots to do and help me not dwell on the fact that I miss my family.

2 comments:

  1. Mom and Dad KershawJuly 15, 2013 at 12:59 PM

    It was SO totally AWESOME hanging out with you guys and helping to spoil and to hold the precious PRINCESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the opposite right now: I'm loving my "vacation" of being here in Wisconsin. (Mostly because we've only been here a couple months as opposed to a year+ and I'm not finished exploring). But I totally understand what you mean. I'm glad you can find happy things about both places.

    ReplyDelete