Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Boulders

When I was a teenager my bishop gave me an analogy that I randomly thought about this morning as I was feeding Cambria. I felt like I needed to blog about it, so here goes.

Imagine yourself walking out your front door to a huge boulder on your front lawn. You are given instruction that you need to move it. Your entire day is spent pushing, and pushing, and pulling, and pushing this boulder. The next morning the boulder is still there, and you still need to move it. This continues for a week, a month, a year and you are getting frustrated because you aren't making any progress on this boulder. Then you look in the mirror, and notice that maybe the boulder hasn't moved an inch, but you have grown so much stronger.

I'm going to let you draw your own conclusions and parallels. Just wanted to share.

1 comment: