Saturday, October 27, 2012

Underwhelming Restaurant

Last night Jonathan and my brother Ty went to a famous restaurant in West Lafayette. It's called Triple XXX Diner. They sell the original and famous Triple XXX rootbeer, and lots of burgers. We had heard it was a good place to eat (a must see in West Lafayette) and it was even featured on "Diners Drive ins and Dives" (on Food Network), so I was pretty excited to try it out.
We made plans to go check it out, and I watched the episode on Food Network. I was a bit underwhelmed even from the show. Guy (the host) didn't really seem too impressed with the food, even though he would never say that. He tried one of the burgers and told the owner flat out that he didn't really like it.
We went anyway and I still had high expectations; they were dashed. It was an interesting atmosphere, but the food was just alright. They grind all their own beef (straight from pure shoulder steak or something like that), and they use a machine that was made in the 50's to make their patties. Because of this, the patties are super small, but they are quite tasty.
We had to try out the root beer. That was really good! I liked their root beer. All in all... it was an alright experience. I was kind of disappointed, but it wasn't horrible. I just hate spending money on food that isn't awesome. Too bad, now we have experienced the diner (and the burger with peanut butter on it), and we don't ever have to go back.

Here's the link to the episode, just so you can see what we saw :) Diners Drive-Ins and Dives

No comments:

Post a Comment