Monday, October 15, 2012

A wonderful week

*Side note* I find that when I sit down to blog I BLOG! It's like a feast or famine with me... prepare for the feast of posts.

This last week was just great! We had quite a few plans this week, so it was a lot of fun! First off, I got to go to TWO baby showers this week! My ward is super awesome, and they do ward-wide showers (well it feels that way anyway) and it doesn't matter if it's your first baby or your fifth, they will throw you a shower! I really love that. The first shower was for someone who was having her second baby, but first girl. The second one was for a girl who was having her third baby, but her first girl. *So many girls!* I'm so excited! I accidentally went SUPER early to the second shower... I didn't bother to look at the invitation before I headed out the door, and I thought it started at 6:30, instead of 7:30... oops. It was ok though, because I had a lot of fun talking to the host, who I had never met before. I really love hanging out with people. I don't do it often, so when I do, I just soak it all in. I love it!

We also had the missionaries over for dinner on Tuesday. It's always fun to feed the missionaries.

We had a dinner party with a couple that Jonathan goes to school with. It was super cute because they aren't members, and they just barely got married (they had never really hung out with married people, and since they aren't aware of Mormon culture, they didn't know that this was going to be an informal event). So you could tell they weren't quite sure what to expect. They came all dressed up. It was so cute. They are a super fun, genuine couple, and I'm excited to get to know them better.

On Saturday we went to the Temple! This time around I just felt so much gratitude that we have a temple close enough to go on a regular basis. It's not as convenient as it was in Provo, obviously... but it could be worse, and I'm just so grateful that we can make it a day trip. I also thought about my pregnancy; I hope I can continue to be comfortable during the long drive.

All in all... It was an awesome week! Here's to another great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment