Friday, October 5, 2012

meal menu for last week and this week

Don't judge... I go with the flow and make a meal menu whenever we go shopping. This last week we went shopping on Thursday, so that's the day I start with.

Thursday: Cantonese Dinner - My favorite recipe! It's so easy, and fast, and it's always good!
Friday: Skorthalia - It's a Greek appetizer my friend made for me this week, and I thought it'd be fun to see what Jonathan thought. It has toast on the bottom, super garlic-y potatoes, a beet, and a balsamic vinaigrette on top. The one she served me was better than what I made for Jonathan. He said it wasn't the best thing he's ever had, but it was a nice switch-up from our regular flavor profile. I agree.
Saturday: lefovers
Sunday: Sweet and Sour chicken - also a favorite of mine
Monday: leftovers
Tuesday: Baked potatoes... that was what was on the menu, but I didn't want baked potatoes, so I cut them up and put some seasonings on them and then baked them, so they were closer to crispy baked steak fries. The recipe I found I didn't really love, but I know what I'll do next time to make it better.
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Leftovers (Actually I went to the temple yesterday with the Relief Society, and I didn't get home till late, so Jonathan fended for himself, and I had a bowl of cereal)
Friday: Roasted Tomato Basil Soup - Copycat recipe for Corner Bakery and Cafe. We stopped there on our way home from the temple and I had that and LOVED it! So I'm making it again tonight.
Saturday: Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff (From my recipe treasure chest) (I was going to do the casserole that night, but crock pot recipes are better for general conference... especially Saturday night General Conference.)
Sunday: Leftovers (again, easy for General Conference)
Monday: Beans and Rice
Tuesday, and Wednesday: Leftovers.

I was talking to a friend from the ward that was telling me about a vegetable stand that has  SUPER good prices for tomatoes and Acorn squash among other things (HALLELUJAH!). Stay tuned for the acorn squash soup recipe next week.

1 comment:

  1. Yummies! What fun to plan your meals - and look forward to the new dishes!

    ReplyDelete