Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Birthday. Post birthday post

I had the best birthday! It was full of good food, good company and people showing me they loved me. It doesn't get much better than that! Cambria was even very pleasant, which is not always the case. She took a good long nap and was happy when she was awake. THANK YOU BABY!

Jonathan made me crepe's in the morning. I didn't get a picture of it, but there were strawberries, cream, chocolate sauce and half a banana (we forgot to buy more so Jonathan stopped Cambria at the halfway point so I could have the other half. That's love).

He stayed home for an hour from work so I could take a nice shower (no bath... maybe next year) and we could eat our yummy breakfast. It was just what I needed.

Then Cambria and I bonded, and then a friend came over. I got a lot of phone calls, and they were almost all when she was there. haha. I told my mom that I would call her when my friend left. Which I did. I put Cambee down and then called her while I soaked my feet and gave myself a pedicure.

IMG_5057

Another friend stopped by. She said she happened to be in the neighborhood and thought she would stop by. She then asked me if she would show me the bathroom and tell me the plans for our renovation. odd... but ok. So I showed her my bathroom and told her my plans. Then she said she would show herself out.... um, our house is about the size of a shoe box, I wasn't going to be so rude as to let her walk herself to the door, especially when it's like ten steps from where we were standing. So I told her I would walk her to the door. Then she stopped me and started oohing and awwing over my sewing room... ok. It's just a room with a few desks and it's very messy... But she seemed interested so I showed her the wedding dress I was working on. She seemed impressed (who wouldn't be, I'm pretty amazing ;) JUST KIDDING!)

We walked to the door and made some small talk before she opened the door and tried to slide out. odd again... I opened the door for her and my screen door was all decorated! and there was my favorite candy and some balloons! Well shoot! That made my day! When I asked her if she did this she walked away and said "I have no idea what you are talking about!" ha! She was in my house trying to keep me away from the door while my other friend was outside frantically taping up paper balloons!

That was the highlight. Nice people are nice. I like them :)

IMG_5050 IMG_5049

Then I took a nap and when I woke up I did my finger nails (we'll see how long they last)

IMG_5054

and then Daddy was home just in time to change Cambee's poopy diaper!

Then we went on a walk...

THEN a different friend came over to watch Cambria so Jonathan and I could go out to eat. sigh, dinner at a nice restaurant with my hubby without my child... it doesn't get much better than that. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but I need some time to regroup and feel like an adult that can talk to other adults.

We went to Huhot, and it is probably one of my favorite restaurants now. If you have one close to you, go. It's an experience you should have.

IMAG0033 IMAG0034

I have decided that I like Americanized places a lot better than authentic places... It helps that I can speak the language of the people who are working there.

The day ended with Skor cake and presents.

Best. Day. Ever!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great birthday!! Just thought I would tell you how to make your fingernail polish last. Soak your hands in white vinegar before you put the polish on and it will last longer. Love you all down there. Sounds like you are well loved.
    Take care. Grandma F.

    ReplyDelete