Sunday, April 20, 2014

Bonding Through Work

I have been dying to organize my. entire. house. I don't know what it is that has given me this bug, but I have the organization bug and it's driving me nuts!

On Saturday Jonathan and I had a few hours together and we decided to do some spring cleaning/organizing. We cleaned out our pantry, wiped it down, and organized it. We also organized one of our cupboards.

IMAG0032

Isn't it beautiful? Every time we open up the pantry we (mainly I) sigh and say "Man, it's so nice to have an organized pantry".

I got the ideas for the boxes from pinterest and I LOVE it! In the pic on pinterest all the boxes were labeled, I may get around to doing that, but that may be a little bit much. I had the boxes left over from when Cambria was super little and we didn't have a dresser. I put her clothes in them, thus the pink. Now she thinks it's fun to pull out everything in the boxes, so I had to find a new use for them. Ta-daaaaa!!!

In a perfect world everything would be in a seal-able container, no open 50 lbs bag of oats, or an un-opened 20 lbs bag of rice... Someday when we have it in the budget, we'll get containers for everything.

It felt so good to work on a project with Jonathan. We don't do it very often, but when we do I feel like we bond on a different level, and it brings us closer in a way that doing other things can't.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same bug Missy. I keep dreaming about the dream house... One day. And I know you'll get there as well but it's the small accomplishments that get us there right?

    ReplyDelete