Friday, July 6, 2012

Well, July 4th came and went

Sometimes if I don't prepare myself mentally for something, it just comes and goes almost without me realizing it. That's how I feel the 4th went for me. It was also very different than my traditional July 4th.

We had a really good time though, in the morning we got up to go to the Athens County Parade. This parade was a bit different than I'm used to. If you took out all of the fire trucks and political campaigners ("Re-elect so-and-so for mayor!", or "elect so-and-so for police chief") there realistically might have been ten different entries, three of which were beauty queens, one was a "vote for Obama!" group, and another one was a "conserve water" group. Needless to say, I was quite underwhelmed. We did get a stick of fresh rosemary, so that's cool!

Later that day we had a family over who still doesn't have power. They brought a salad, and we made hamburgers, french fries, and apple crisp. We played lots of games, and had a good time. Since Jonathan had work the next morning, we decided not to go to the fireworks (they were about twenty minutes away) but we started walking to a concert in the park (they do that every Wednesday, and it's pretty fun) but it was so hot, and I was afraid of overheating, especially since I had already overheated earlier in the day. We went home, got ready for bed and went to sleep. That was our July 4th! We had fun, but it was really different, and it made me miss my family a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment