Thursday, July 12, 2012

Is thinking about it for ten years long enough?

I have this friend (actually, she's the daughter of my previous bishop) who has the coolest hair in the world! I have wanted to cut my hair like hers ever since I met her. Here's a picture...



(isn't she just beautiful?)

I just love her hair! I always have. Well, I have had a stronger desire for a couple weeks to cut my hair off (correction... I have since I was 14, but now I am getting the guts to). Sadie (my sister in law) mentioned to me the other day that she wants to cut her hair in a pixi cut... SHUT UP! SO DO I! Her desire has really catapulted my desire as well (not like I am a copy cat, but if she can do it, I can do it... right?) Jonathan was on board till he realized how many hair cuts that would take to maintain. I agree, I really don't want to pay $20 or more every 4 to 6 weeks to cut it again.

but... I had a brilliant idea... What if I get a super long extension to my clippers and I could just cut it myself? I don't think the front would be too difficult with just scissors, but I would be afraid to go at the back without a guide. I have been asking just about every hair dresser friend I have and half of them say it would work as long as I texturize it afterwords. I want to SO BAD! So I just might. We'll see.

6 comments:

  1. If you try to do it yourself, the first time you do it try it with one of your stylist friends watching. Sounds afully risky. But then again, it's just hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great idea!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it! I wanted a pixie cut so bad! I still do. But as I started shopping for styles I would've liked, I also read in a couple places that unless they are super skinny, a tall person with a pixie cut would look like a pinhead. I was bummed like nothing else. So I stuck with the recommendation of keeping it chin-length or longer. But I still so crave a cute pixie.

    I have a friend who cuts my hair for free, but I try to do things for her to "pay" her back. If you found someone who would let you clean her house for a couple hours each time you needed a cut (or do some babysitting), that would be a cool exchange. Can't wait to see it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go ahead a do it, having faith and praying that you'll find someone in IN that would be willing to exchange services.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you going to do it?! I cut mine pixie style in May and have just let it grow... I think it still looks okay, and I just trim the edges myself that start looking shaggy. :) It is super easy to do, doesn't get messed up by wind, bike helmets, or even rain. I do sometimes miss ponytails, but overall I love it! I wasn't planning on cutting it so short when I went in, so I didn't have as much time to worry about it or get up the guts to go through with it. :) Let me know how it goes! Pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're on board! My friend actually had the idea first, but as I was talking to her, I decided to do it as well. It's one of those things that is outside our comfort zone so we tend to avoid crossing that line. But we need to do something crazy every once in a while! It'll grow back anyway, right? (Hopefully...;)

    ReplyDelete