Sunday, September 25, 2016

Corbin is 2!

Corbin turned two almost a month ago. I'm just barley getting around to talking about it... That's ok. Story of my life is: better late than never!

Dear Corbin,
You are now two and you are such a joy! You are such a happy boy, and I can tell you have a zeal for life. I am remembering the first part of your life and you were such a sad baby. I can't help but realize how uncomfortable you must have been, now that I know your disposition (You had such horrible acid reflux, you would spit up so much and you often were sad as you were digesting your food as well). You would often calm down when I held you, and that is still true. You still love to be held. I'm trying to get used to not carrying you all the time because you are getting heavier, and pretty soon I'll have someone else who will need to be held a little more than you. I have a feeling you are going to love your little sibling, and you are going to be so sweet with him/her. (I'm not going to mention that I'm also worried that you might have a harder time adjusting to not being the youngest...)

Corbin, you really love to see people happy. You love to be with happy people, and you love to make people laugh. My favorite thing that you do (and that gets me every time) is you get right in my face and make the cheasiest smile you can manage. You scrunch up your eyes and smile as big as you can. It makes me laugh, which then makes you laugh, and then you do it again! I love it!

Corbin, you are also such a giving person. There are times when you know for a fact that Cambria really wants what you have (**cough** when she throws a major fit) and you gladly hand her what she wants. There are no strings attached, you just hand it over and find something else to do. Seeing a toddler do that is really surprising, and I can only imagine how selfless you really are. I'm excited to see you grow up into the selfless person that's in your character.

You are a major climber. There really isn't anywhere that's about 4 feet or below that you can't get to. You figure out a way to get what you want. You are a master chair-pusher, and you have discovered a whole new world that is on top of the counter, and what's in the freezer. Thankfully you don't climb on the counter yet, but you like to reach what's on there.




On that note, you also don't have a problem getting food for yourself whenever you want it. It doesn't matter if the food is in the pantry, or the fridge, or on the counter. If it's something that sounds yummy, you get it and eat it. I'm not quite sure how to help you understand what snack time is and when it's time to not eat. I'm sure we will figure it out. More often than not, I find you have eaten fruit. You LOVE fruit! I've been trying to keep more of a variety of fruits and veggies in the house and you are in heaven! You would eat fruit all day if I let you.

Corbin, I'm so grateful that you are part of our family. You are such a loving guy, and your cuddles fill my soul. I love you buddy!

love,

Mommy
    


No comments:

Post a Comment