Tuesday, September 20, 2016

365 gratitude day 251

I'm grateful for visiting teaching. My visiting teacher came over and shared the message on parenting. A few things I learned (or was reminded) "never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved".
I also learned that I'm not alone in my feelings of frustration and inadequacy.

Another thing I realized is that Jonathan spends far less time with the kids than I do. But (let's say) we both get frustrated with the kids half the time we are with them. He is going to be frustrated a far less amount of time than I am. But that's not a reason to think I'm way worse of a parent than him. We both get frustrated half the time, my time is just way longer than his. So I'm not a worse parent. (That's the take home message, just in case you got lost in all that. We are both good)

That made me feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment