Sunday, June 1, 2014

Dr. Fletcher

I took a quick trip to Philly this last month and saw my family. It's always so good to see them. We went out to support my oldest brother in his dental school graduation. He has worked long and hard and we are so proud of him. He is the first person on my mom's side of the family to get an advanced degree (higher than a bachelors), and only the third to get a degree higher than a masters on my dad's side.

Here's the picture proof that we went:

         On the first day of our adventures we left Nana and Grandpa with all the grandkids and went and met the newest member of our family. He was born just two days before we came. Kasch William Fletcher. He has more hair than almost all of his Fletcher cousins combined when they were born.



Such a beautiful baby!

Then we headed to Amish Village. It's like an outdoor mall almost. There are lots of little shops full of breakable things, so needless to say, with 7 kids under the age of 6, we didn't go in many.  

 I think this wagon is intended for merchandise... we found a better use for it.
 We ate lunch and a super yummy restaurant and all the kids got vouchers for free ginger bread cookies and access to a decorating station. Cambria didn't participate, but some of her cousins were nice enough to share part of their cookie and she seemed to really enjoy that.
 Just a cute picture of my cute baby.
 All the cousins that came. I think there were about 5 cameras going off at once. I think one of us got a picture of everyone looking at them... it wasn't me...
 Since the kids didn't like the shops too much, half of the adults stayed with the kids at the petting zoo/park and played. My understanding was that we would switch off, there was a shop with free tastes of all these amazing Amish delights (jam, pickles, etc). When my mom visited last year that was one of her highlights of the whole trip, so I was excited to taste them... but I must have misunderstood. They came back and were ready to go home. I didn't get to enjoy that part, but I got to spend some quality time with these cuties!


 This swing was funny, it was really high off the ground, so an adult could swing and not touch the ground. It looked a little funny, thus the picture.


 This was Cambria's favorite event, putting the mulch on the slide.
 on top of the wooden train
 inside the wooden train
 This is such a cute picture, she's such a doll
 She loved being in the top of the play area. Such a big girl.

 WEEEEE!

There's the graduate himself. And, the proud momma!


 After the grad we decided to go to a place to eat. Apparently, anywhere you go in Philly in the afternoon there is an hour+ wait. I think we were quoted two hours... Luckily it was attached to a mall and there was an awesome play place. Even though it was after 8:00 (an hour past bed time) Cambee was having a blast!

Cambria got two naps in five days, as apposed to two naps in one day. ... so... by the end of the trip I had one cranky baby on my hands.

Saturday we walked around through Philly and Cambria cried through the whole walk. I was one stressed out momma! Thankfully Tony was a life saver and took her away from me so I didn't have to hear the screaming. 
Here's the proof that she wasn't that happy


All in all it was a wonderful trip! I'm so glad that we were able to go. Jonathan had to work last minute, so that was a bummer, but we still had fun. 


2 comments:

  1. So cute! The picture of Cambria putting mulch on the slide brings gave me a flashback to when Hyrum used to do that. I think they have really similar chubby cheeks or something, because all my kids did that and but it make me think of baby-toddler Hyrum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really see the Mommy/ daughter look alike faces in the picture of you holding Cambria at the top of the play area!!! Pretty girls!!

    ReplyDelete