Thursday, October 10, 2013

Eating a meal is hard to do

Cambria is a good eater, if by eating you mean nursing. She always has been. Ever since she turned six months old I have (kind of half-heartedly) been trying to transition her to solids. Rice cereal was an unsuccessful try, oatmeal was a bit better but still not good, and that's how it's been. She just isn't interested in eating. She doesn't scream or anything, but she will just not open her mouth. It's almost as if she is calmly saying "no thank you mom. I'm not interested. So you should just put the spoon away." :) I have tried baby food and she's really not interested in that. She gags every time she eats anything, so that's fun... I have recently tried puffs and mum-mums. She gags on those too, but I think that's because she doesn't know that she needs to chew them. If I put the cereal in a bottle with my breast milk she will gobble it up, so I know it's not the flavor.

She does like apples though, but not apple sauce, she doesn't like any other fruit. She may be getting better... she ate a good half a mum-mum the other day.

Someday... someday she'll eat solids.

... actually, come to think of it, when I was pregnant with her nothing ever sounded good... It was a chore to eat food, now that she's out of me, it's a chore for her to eat. Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment