Friday, February 15, 2013

Project updates

What have I been working on the past few months to keep myself busy you ask? Well I'll show you!

[caption id="attachment_443" align="aligncenter" width="225"] I believe I mentioned that I got a chair for free. This is it, before anything was done to it.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_444" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Here it is straight on...[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_442" align="aligncenter" width="225"] I finally finished it this week! It's not perfect, actually there are quite a few things that I'm not in love with, but didn't hate enough to change. One being the way the stripes lay. I really wanted the main cushions to have vertical stripes, but the ONLY way I could have enough fabric was to have the stripes go horizontally. I also BARELY had enough batting to pad it as much as I did, I would have liked to pad it more... Oh well. You live and learn.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_441" align="aligncenter" width="225"] The front view.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_445" align="aligncenter" width="225"] I finished this nursing cover for myself today! I LOVE it![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_446" align="aligncenter" width="225"] I did it double sided (one is obviously the pink leopard) and the other is brown with tiny polka dots. Then I added the opposite band on each side. I'm super happy with the way it turned out.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_447" align="aligncenter" width="300"] I love the bow too :)[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_448" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Here's the back, on the right is a small pocket (for binkies, or nipple cream etc) and the left is a wash cloth that I sewed on so I can wipe off spit up, or leaking milk.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_449" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Here's a single sided nursing cover I made for a client on my MissyLee Baby boutique! The funny thing is I originally purchased that fabric for myself, then decided that I didn't like it enough for me (it wasn't "me" if you know what I mean) and luckily, my client liked it![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_451" align="aligncenter" width="224"] One more nursing cover (thanks to Janelle for letting me borrow her machine over Christmas) This one I added the ruffles to, I thought it turned out super cute! Also, I love the way she is posing, because you can see how WIDE my nursing covers are! I hear that's awesome when it comes to trying to actually stay covered... Weird.[/caption]

I also have made another diaper bag that I wanted to post pictures of, but the files are too big, and I'm too lazy to make them smaller... so check them out on my MissyLee facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment