Friday, February 1, 2013

It's Christmas! It's Christmas!!!

I have my second baby shower today. I'm so excited! The reason I'm so excited is not because of the gifts I will be receiving, but I think it's more because it's a party! And a huge reason is because of the lady that's hosting the shower. We have become good friends in the last few months. She is one of those ladies that goes the extra mile when it comes to making things look nice. For example, she gave us a box of treats during the holidays and it was perfectly packaged, with a ribbon, a bow and a tag. She is the Relief Society Activity coordinator and at the last activity people walked into the room and literally their jaws dropped because of how cute it was decorated.

I CAN NOT wait to see what she has put together! I'll be sure to bring my camera and take pictures, because it'll be Pinterest worthy :).

Last night I was expressing my excitement to Jonathan and I said "It's like Christmas!" and he laughed and responded, "ya, but better!".

Later that night Jonathan said "Santa is coming tomorrow! ... no... It's better than Santa, it's Angie!" lol! Which is true. I want to be Angie when I grow up, so I can't wait to see what she does!

Just to give you an idea of what she has planned, on Wednesday I emailed her about something and she responded by saying "today my project is a onsie and diaper garland! Too much fun!" Then I was talking to her Thursday and we were laughing about how cute she is, and she said "it's really nothing, it's actually going over the mantel on the fireplace in the other room. It's really nothing." And my thought was ... and you are spending an entire afternoon on a garland that is going in a room that we won't even be spending most of our time in? Then she told me that her project for Friday was making the doughnuts for the party. She said that she found about 6 different breakfast-y recipes for doughnuts and she's so excited to make them! Seriously? Homemade doughnuts? Not only that, but 6 different flavors of homemade doughnuts?

Needless to say. I'm really excited! It looks like there is going to be a good turn out of people too, so it's really going to be a party! I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!!!

More than anything though, I'm just overwhelmed by the generosity and thoughtfulness of those around me. I'm fairly new in the ward, but everyone has taken me (and Jonathan) in like we were their own. It's such a wonderful feeling to know that I'm going to be taken care of, and that people around me love and support me. It's hard to be far away from family, especially since I'm so used to being so close to everyone. But being where I am, surrounded by the people that I am, it makes it a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment