Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thoughts about physical contact

I went to a grad student party with Jonathan on Saturday. I had a lot of fun, just getting out and seeing the people that he works with. On our way out we saw a friend who we have had over a couple times. Her name is Mikaela and when she saw that we were leaving she stopped me and we chatted for a few minutes. When she stopped me, she gave me a hug and asked how I was doing. Throughout the conversation she kept touching my shoulder, just as a friendly gesture.
As we left, I thought about that a lot. For some reason, that physical contact meant a lot to me. The fact that she hugged me made me feel really good. As I thought about it, I realized that I'm a very physical person, I react a lot to physical touch, even if it's just someone putting a hand on my shoulder while we talk. I used to be a very huggy person... I would hug everyone. For some reason, I don't do that anymore. I have decided that I need to get back to doing that. If I can feel so loved by such a simple gesture, then I need to share that love with others. I feel that love for other people, I just don't show it... so I have decided that I'm going to get back into the habit of being a touchy person.

That's all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment