Monday, December 10, 2012

Oops

I had a series of events happen this last week that are blog worthy.

On Thursday I was getting ready for a cookie exchange, and since I don't trust my cookie making ability (because my mom and older sister are AWESOME at making cookies, so I never had to make any) I decided to make popcorn balls. I made some candy popcorn balls, but then wanted to be awesome and make a second type. So I whipped out my trusty caramel popcorn recipe. Seriously, it's the best caramel EVER! I love it! I was in a hurry and for some reason it didn't thicken like it should have. It could have been that I didn't cook it long enough, or I may have messed up the measurements... I'm not sure, but it was more like syrup.

Dang. Well, it still tasted really good, and I didn't want to throw it away, so I thought I would just combine it with some other home made syrup that I had sitting in the fridge. Why did I do that? Because it would be horrible to get another Tupperware dirty... so I poured it in with my old stuff and planned to make waffles on Saturday. Problem fixed... or so I thought.

Saturday morning rolled around and I was super excited to have my caramel syrup on my waffles! We made waffles, and I poured a healthy portion of syrup on top! I took my first bite... mmm it was so good! Then my second bite, and I thought... why am I getting a hit of salty flavor?  I take my third bite, and there was no questioning it. I look at Jonathan and he mentions that the flavor is off somewhere... Then it hit me. I didn't have any extra syrup sitting in the fridge, but I did have some yummy Asian sauce (soy sauce based) sitting in the fridge. ... yay... go me! I ruined a perfectly ruined batch of caramel sauce even more than I thought possible....

Good thing syrup is super fast to make.

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! All for the lack of wanting to skip washing a Tupperware!

    ReplyDelete