Tuesday, April 26, 2016

365 gratitude day 109 and thoughts from therapy

So I went to a therapist today. I'm grateful for the people who showed concern for me enough to say something.

The take home message? Sometimes untreated postpartum lasts a long time. I'm going to see my midwife on Thursday to talk about options for treating what I thought was PMS, but maybe it's postpartum depression.

There are types of energy that we are drawn to, just like there are types of food we are drawn to. So try to figure out what type of people put off that energy, and what types of social interactions have that energy do that I can fill up on the right tips of energy.

Journaling is more than just sitting down the good. Writing down the bad and the ugly can be therapeutic. Maybe start a journal that's not for posterity, what you can write real life down (the negative stuff, a place to get all the junk of your chest that you don't want to have preserved)... and when it's full, throw it away.

Write letters of encouragement to yourself on good days, then read them on bad days. You know what you need to hear better than anyone else, so write it down and let yourself hear it from the one who knows best how to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment