Thursday, March 17, 2016

365 gratitude day 82

Today I'm so grateful for all the things the church puts out to help encourage and inspire its members. I finished listening to the face to face with Elder Holland, and I was in tears at the end. I heard things that I exactly needed to hear.

The things that stood out to me tonight (because I just listened to the last twenty minutes, I listened to the other part a few days ago) were: in his apostolic blessing he blessed all the sisters that their efforts and good intentions would be magnified 100 fold. You have no idea how much I needed that blessing! I have good intentions, and I try, but fall short in all aspects of my life so many times a day. It's a good feeling to know that those efforts won't be in vein. Sometimes (in my dark hours, we all have them) I wonder if they will be.

The other thing that stood out was that the Sun will always rise. We all have dark nights throughout our lives, but the Sun always rises, so hold on. (Now let me clarify, I'm not depressed all the time, but I definitely have dark moments, dark days, and sometimes I feel like the sun sets early. So I needed to hear that, especially today, when my hormones took over and the sun set early in my day)

No comments:

Post a Comment