Sunday, December 20, 2015

My big sister

Amy's birthday was yesterday and all day I have been thinking about her, and her good qualities.

Let me tell you about my big sister, from my little sister perspective.

Growing up, we were roommates, I remember late night giggling (for various reasons), her example to stay up all night on Christmas eve so we could be the first one to get to the coveted "wake-up bell" right at 6:00 (although I was never able to make it all night). As we got older, I remember notes passed on each others pillows with much needed advice about how to solve/survive junior high woes. I remember so many times going out to eat, her treat, and having girl talks. And oh, let's not forget all the shopping trips! She is still one of my favorite shopping buddies (her and my other sister, Holly are my favorite).

Amy is fiercely loyal. And doesn't mind pulling out momma-bear to defend those she loves. I wouldn't want to be one of her kids futures ex's... ;)

Amy is one of the most generous people I know! She will give you the shirt off her back, or open her home until there's no more places to put people. Literally... every single sibling has lived with her (except Matt and Ash) at some point. Some of us have lived there multiple times.

Amy cares deeply. Her love runs deep, although she sometimes doesn't like to show it. She is the first to respond when one of us is in need, and we can count on her to know what's going on in moments of crisis because she is right there, beside them doing what she can to help.

I could go on, but it suffices to say, I love my big sister, and I'm so glad she's mine!

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!! Beautifully put, Melissa. Amy is awesome, and I love her deeply too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!!! Beautifully put, Melissa. Amy is awesome, and I love her deeply too!!

    ReplyDelete