Wednesday, September 16, 2015

We share more than we think

Last night I was listening to Christian radio. For a good portion of the time a local pastor was giving some sort of sermon. As I was listening, I realized that we shared the same beliefs more often than not.

He talked about the power of prayer. He also talked about how if we don't get our prayers answered right away, that doesn't mean that God isn't listening. He then said something to the effect of "God's answer to prayers are yes, no, or wait. More often for me, His answer is wait". That reminded me of a quote from a general conference talk by Richard G. Scott about prayer. He basically said the same thing.

A lot of people in a lot of different faiths know my Heavenly Father, some may know Him better than me, but He is the same being, and He loves us all the same. Truth is truth, and it's coming from the same Source.

So many different churches have so much truth! That was a nice reminder to me. Sometimes I get caught up in my own Mormon-ness that I forget that many different church members have the same beliefs and values as I do.

1 comment: