Sunday, September 21, 2014

Taking what I can get

Corbin had a hard time nursing after the first time. He just wouldn't open his mouth! I would try and try, and then get worried that he wasn't getting enough. For some reason, this pregnancy I worried that nursing wouldn't happen and I would need to supplement, so I was even more worried about it.

One nurse I talked to told me this "since you have such a young baby (meaning he was pre-term) you have to take what you can get, and not worry about the rest". Everyone reassured me that nursing would get easier the closer to 40 weeks gestation he would get. That one piece of advice has helped me a lot! It has kind of been my theme for my recovery.

I will nurse him and if he decides to sleep through the feeding, then I'll pump and give it to him through a bottle. No biggy.

I can try to make dinner, and if I make it; awesome! If not, that's ok.

I can play with Cambria when I have opportunites to, and if I need to let Corbin cry for a minute so I can spend time with Cambria, that's ok. I'll take my happy toddler while she lasts, and not stress that my baby is crying.

If Cambria decides to scream just to hear herself scream, I can ignore it and then give her attention when she isn't.

If I get one load of laundry done but the rest of the house is a mess, I'll take it.

If I read my scriptures at night, right before I go to bed instead of reading them in the morning... At least I read them. And I can feel good about making time, even if it's just a little time.

So far, this new theme of my life right now is working really well for me.

1 comment:

  1. Baby step out the door. Baby steps in the hall. Baby steps into the elevator. I'm in the elevator.

    ReplyDelete