Sunday, August 3, 2014

Cambria cuteness

I think just about every other post could be titled that... We have a cute girl. She is growing up and getting quite the personality.

This weekend Jonathan was out of town, and I got to see the full realm of Cambria. Not like I don't always see it, but I didn't get many if any breaks, so I saw a lot of it. She is a little stubborn... just like mom, I'm seeing little things that I did as a child and I'm really hoping she isn't the full blown mini me that I was really hoping she wouldn't become :) (I was a HORRIBLE and a hard child to raise... don't believe me? Believe it, ask my siblings, or my mom... they can't deny it)

But the good thing about this situation is that she is really cute while she's being difficult, sometimes I think that is a child's saving grace. If kids weren't so cute, I think their parents would loose it a lot more than they do.

Today Cambria was difficult, but very cute. When she does something she knows she shouldn't do, I get my "serious face" on, I developed it when I was in my teaching preschool class at BYU, my teacher called it her "teacher face". I lower my chin, look them right in the eye, and raise my eyebrows... It's now habit. Well, today Cambria threw her food on the floor and then she looked at me and lowered her chin and raised her eyebrows. I laughed right out loud!! I couldn't help it. She's not old enough to make fun of me! Not yet!

*********************

We have gotten Cambria a doll to prepare for baby brother. Man, she has grown attached to that thing! She now needs to rock it to sleep while she gets rocked for nap time. She brought baby up to daddy today and then grabbed her wipes and insisted that we needed to change baby's bum. She took the diaper off, and used a wipe to clean baby up. It was quite cute! Pretty soon she'll figure out how to put the diaper back on too. There have been a few times she hasn't wanted to get her diaper changed, but if we change baby's diaper first, then she will willingly lay down to let mommy change her. I'm really hoping that this will ease the transition for when baby brother comes.

***********************

The other day she ran around the corner and started saying "eeeeeeesssseee" (cheese) and wouldn't stop till I took a picture of her! I don't know if I taught her that word, but she knows that's what you say when a picture is being taken.

I'm so grateful for the cute moments, it makes the hard moments a little easier to bare.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - smarty pants baby girl.... growing up fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister has photos of her girls "breastfeeding" their dolls cause they are mimicking mommy. Maybe she'll be doing the same haha

    ReplyDelete