Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sick Baby

Cambria has had a fever this week. This is her first fever of her life. It's so sad to see my child sick, but I am not going to lie, I don't mind the extra cuddles, and the extra story time we get.

The first day she was sick (with a fever) I didn't realize it and brought her to the park and we had a good, fun day. That night, Jonathan took her temperature and it was 102.4... just a bit too high for comfort. As we were watching her that night she was so cute, she would cuddle with us, and then she would get down and go about her "day's work" but just a little slower, like she was feeling really groggy. "I've gotta keep going, there's work to be done. There are drawers to open, Tupperware to take out... Don't even mention the pots and pans." We had a good laugh, that is exactly what she was doing, and how she was going about doing it.

Last night she had the worst night sleep, I think, that she has ever had. We ran out of Tylenol and I think she REALLY needed it last night. She woke up at least every half hour (at least I think she did, she did while I was awake) and there were times she woke up every 5 to 10 minutes. I felt so bad for her. By 3:00 I couldn't handle it anymore, I felt like I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep all night. We had some Benadryl, and so we gave her that. I think it helped...

Today after some cuddles, and books I put her down by 9:15. She's still zonked... it's 12:30! I'm worried she's going to mess up her nights and days, but at the same time, she needs the sleep so desperately!

1 comment:

  1. It’s really distressing for a mother whenever her children get sick. Babies tend to crave more physical contact and become sweeter if they are not feeling well, so your presence as a parent is badly needed. Anyway, suffering from a fever is part of growing up to strengthen their immune system, so as long as you take the necessary precautions to deal with your child's sickness, you have nothing to worry abotu. Thanks for sharing that, Melissa! All the best to you and to your family!

    Candace Hudson @ MedCare Pediatric

    ReplyDelete