Sunday, October 16, 2016

Did we decide on a name?

This pregnancy has been so different in so many ways. One of which has been baby names. As soon as I knew I was pregnant, I felt like if this baby was a girl, this baby was going to be Aveya (as long as Jonathan didn't veto it). I'll have to write a different post about the history of the name.
When I was in Utah, I was talking to Amy (my sister) about boy names, and she mentioned she loved the name Declan, but couldn't ever get Tony on board. So I asked her if I could use it. I immediately texted Jonathan and he didn't hate it if the bat! That is huge!

I mentioned to him later that if baby was a boy, I thought "Hinckley"would be an seating middle name. Declan Hinckley, doesn't that sound amazing?

Long story short, we had a girl and boy name that we were both ok with long before we knew the gender of our baby.

Well... today we had "the talk" and we both feel like there's no reason to keep calling this baby "baby", or even "baby girl" so we started calling her Aveya. As long as it really doesn't feel right, that's probably her name!! Things just got real over here!

So baby girl is probably Aveya Leanne. (Leanne is both mine and my mom's middle name, and we are both the second daughters... it's just too perfect to pass up)

1 comment: