Wednesday, October 19, 2016

365 gratitude day 280

Today I'm grateful for k-love. I had it on in the van as I picked up Cambria from preschool. Long-story short: she had a MAJOR meltdown. We are talking 25 minutes of straight screaming or crying. She refused to keep the door closed in the van and getting her in the car seat was out of the question. Do there were plenty of awkward onlookers (some who didn't make eye contact and I could tell were thinking "hurry, get to where I'm going. Don't look" some who approached me and asked if they could help)
I'm proud to say that I didn't scream at her. I took the other extreme and cried through the whole ordeal because I didn't know what to do, and I was beyond stressed. After an angel helper came and asked if she could help, then didn't take no for an answer, Cambria calmed down and buckled up.

As I drove away, still stressed beyond belief and crying, the song sparrows came on the radio. By the time it was over, my breathing was a little more normal and I wasn't crying as hard. I'm grateful for the peace that I felt for those three minutes when I desperately needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment